Todays featured cocktail is the Mai Tai which is a very sleek exotic drink. It originally came about from the TikI culture but did not really catch the attention of others till it made its television debut around the 1950-60’s when Elvis Presley played in a movie called Blue Hawaii. How about you and your best girl friends get together make some Mai Tai’s, pop in a sex in the city dvd, order some chinese and kick your weekend off right!
- Appleton 12-Year rum
- JM Rhum
- orgeat (almond syrup)
- orange curaçao
- Smith and Cross over-proofed rum
- Powdered sugar
- Edible orchid (optional)
- fresh mint ( optional)
- Mix contents 1-6 in a shaker.
- Stir & top with crushed ice.
- top with edible orchids or fresh mint (optional).
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar.