It’s the freaking Weekend and its time to spotlight a cocktail and drink responsibly fun. Todays feature cocktail is the “French 75”. A little history or rather background of the cocktail for today the French 75 which, The inspiration for such a title was apparently due as a tribute to the 75 mm Howitzer field gun that the French and Americans wielded and was located on their tanks in World War I; it had become a well-publicized piece of machinery praised for its accuracy and quickness. The French 75 was said to have such a kick that if felt like being hit by heavy piece of machinery. A little fun fact about todays drink it was featured in one of my favorite movies back in 1942 called “Casablanca.”
- Gin (2 Oz)
- Lemon Juice (1 Oz)
- Sugar ( 2 teaspoons)
- Champagne or Sparkling wine
- Lemon and Cherries (optional)
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake gin, lemon juice, and sugar in a cocktail shaker until well chilled (about 15 seconds).
- Strain into a champagne flute.
Top with Champagne.
- Stir gently.
- garnish with a long, thin lemon spiral and a cocktail cherry.(Optional)