I am still going on with the healthy journey and alternative eating. Today I will be trying Sweet Potato Lasagna.
- 1 1/2 Lb. lean ground turkey.
- 2 Cups of sweet potatoes.
- 1 Egg whites.
- 1/2 Cup of low-fat cottage cheese.
- 1/2 Cup of reduced of fat mozzarella.
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 15 Oz. Organic tomato sauce (no salt).
- 1/3 Cup of red onions.
- 1 Tbsp pf garlic paste.
- 1/2 Cup of chopped cilantro.
- 1 Tbsp italian seasoning, sea salt, and pepper.
- Set oven to 375F
- Slice sweet potato. Separately chop up tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms.
- Mix cottage cheese with egg whites ( set aside).
- Saute red onions with garlic paste then, add meat, tomatoes,cilantro,mushrooms,tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Build lasagna add sweet potato slices, meat sauce and cottage cheese. Repeat the process till you get to the top, when at the top add mozzarella on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 mins.