- 1 9 – ounce package refrigerated whole wheat linguine.
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips.
- 2 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced. (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces packaged chicken stir-fry strips.
- 1 10 – ounce container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce.
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese. (optional)
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme.
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut linguine in half. Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Return to hot pan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add squash; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through.
- Add chicken-vegetable mixture, cheese (if desired), and thyme to cooked linguine; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with black pepper.